Day Hike Favorites
Hike 32 of our favorite trails with these directions to the trailheads! Whether you’re in the mood for a short stroll, visiting a waterfall, taking in mountain views, or enjoying a peaceful old-growth forest, this guide has a day hike for you. Distance, difficulty and trail highlights are included in this guide.
- Loop Hikes - Boogerman Loop, Cucumber Gap, Indian Creek, Rich Mountain and Smokemont
- Hikes with Views - Alum Cave/Mt. LeConte, Andrews Bald, Charlies Bunion, Chimney Tops Trail, Clingmans Dome, Gregory Ridge, Look Rock Tower, Mt. Sterling, Shuckstack Tower and Spence Field/Russell Field Loop
- Waterfall Walks - Abrams Falls, Grotto Falls, Hen Wallow Falls, Indian Creek/Tom Branch Falls, Juney Whank Falls Loop, Laurel Falls, Rainbow Falls and Ramsey Cascades
- Hikes to Old-Growth Forests - Albright Grove, Laurel Falls Trail and Porters Creek Trail
- Pleasant Strolls & Riverside Rambles - Appalachian Trail, Gatlinburg Trail, Kephart Prong, Middle Prong Trail, Oconaluftee River Trail, Spruce-fir Self-guiding Nature Trail and Sugarland Valley Trail
How can I get this guide?
Download the free Smokies Visitor Guide or Best of the Great Smoky Mountains app, containing all the basic information you need about the park. From the store in the app you can purchase as many additional guides as interest you – customizing your app content to make your trip to the Smokies a unique and ideal experience.